Thursday 9 July 2009

The importance of leaving a margin on the pages of my busy life

I've just returned from holiday - the weather was lovely and both Meira and I had a wonderful, relaxing time. During the break I came to realise for myself the importance of leaving a margin on the page of my busy life. Today I'm going to relish giving myself some "me" time. Will you be doing the same?

I'd like to thank Rose for her insightful blogs; and I know from your responses that you've also enjoyed benefitting from her 'experience, strength and hope'. I hope very much that Rose will be a regular (and much valued) contributor to the Welsh Council's daily blog. So, thank you Rose, and thank you for all you've given me over the years. I value your friendship very much and the regular "quality time" we spend sharing on the telephone with each other constitutes part of the important margin I gift myself on the pages of my busy life.

Readers can access on our website www.welshcouncil.org.uk a recording of the Welsh Council on Alcohol and Other Drugs' Inaugural Annual Lecture delivered at the Welsh Assembly by Dr David Best. His theme was "Evidence of hope: what do we know about sustained recovery from alcohol and drug addiction?". You can also get a taste of the Q&A session that followed the lecture and to view the pre-lecture networking session.

I'm off to see the cricket Test Match in Cardiff today - I reckon that takes care of today's margin as well as filling most of the page of today's busy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment